It is often said by our sales team that once a contractor uses a Mikasa plate compactor, they instantly realise the difference between the Mikasa brand and the competition.
We’ve highlighted various points below which we feel gives us the competitive advantage over other plate compactors in the market.
1. Baseplate Design
CLOSED: Clearance between upper and lower plate at shock mount is 0.7”. Increases likelihood of soil build-up and rocks becoming trapped. Difficult to clean.
OPEN: Clearance between upper and lower plate at shock mount is 1.25”. Greater spacing reduces the chance of material build up and reduce the amount of time required for cleanup.
3. Low Vibration Handle
• 2 point vibration filtration system.
• Leading competitor stated hand/arm vibration level is 10.8 m/s2.
• 4 point vibration filtration system.
• Hand/arm vibration level is 2.1 m/s2
• Centrally mounted exciter assembly allows for difficult service access.
• Bolt-on baseplate & eccentric assembly.
• Requires 5oz automatic transmission fluid. Smaller oil reservoir allows eccentric to run less cool.
• Front mounted exciter assembly allows for easy service access.
• Single cast baseplate & eccentric lowers center of gravity improving travel speed versus bolt-on design.
• Requires 7oz common 10W-30 motor oil. Larger oil reservoir allows eccentric to run cooler.
5. Filler Hole & Cap
• Filler hole 2.5” diameter smaller target to fill tank.
• Non-tethered cap can easily be lost.
• Filler hole 3.5” diameter is a bigger target and easier to fill tank.
• Tethered cap cannot be lost.
6. Water Tank
• Tank is captured by frame leaving the operator no option but take the plate to the water source
• 11 quart capacity provides good run time.
• Removable water tank can be easily taken to source for refilling.
• 13.7 quart tank for longer run time and less frequent refilling
7. Water Tank Valve
• Exposed from side of plate for poor durability. Vulnerable to brakeage & uses a hose to deliver water.
• Protected from side of plate for superior durability. Well protected from job-site abuse & no external plumbing.
8. Digital Display
Competitor W has no digital display.
Standard feature includes:
1. Hourmeter- measures rammer usage for gauging service intervals.
2. Tachometer- engine RPM’s displayed for optimum performance and easy troubleshooting.
PLATE COMPACTOR PRODUCTS
Multiquip compactors are recognised throughout the industry for their quality and reliability. Our industry-standard Mikasa plate compactors deliver unparalleled results for compacting soils or asphalt. Our best-selling plate compactor, the MVC88, now features an advanced anti-vibration handle design that reduces vibration to the operator by up to 50% compared to other plate compactors.